Re: [teacherartexchange] Mock Copyright Trial With A Twist

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 08:27:05 PDT

Hi, Judi --

That's a problem... it took almost a week and a half. We could have
gotten it done in a week, but we had a holiday, and we also lost a day
to an in-school event.

We spent 5 class days (50 minutes apiece) in the computer lab doing
research. I really could have made some of the research homework, but
I think it would lose something, because we had lots of lively
discussions about our findings. Nothing about copyright law is
cut-and-dry, so it was good for me to help them find answers to things
that aren't easy to find. (Sometimes, the best answer is to find a
precedent, which isnt' always easy to find.)

Maybe you could cut the time down by providing "evidence packets" for
each side to use to develop their case. It wouldnt' be as much fun as
researching the case on their own, but would save a lot of time.

Rebecca Burch

--
Carpe You Some Diem!
Website:  http://www.rebeccaburch.com