[teacherartexchange] introductions/warm ups

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 04:15:59 PDT

Hi all,

 I am bring back the idea of the artist journal to my grade 6 students ( now that I have them back in an 80 minute block) - making it a section in the white binder they keep. They will have a list of assignments in the front - as a part of their Art Prep Daily Procedures - to do during the first 10 minutes of class while I do attendance, etc. ( I am a big fan of Harry Wong & teaching procedures)

The grade 9s will also be doing the same thing. It is the grade 7 that has virtually no time as I seem them every other day for 30 minutes. So much for continuity!!

I am doing a Creative License plate as a warm up.....( so now all kids possess 'license to be creative' in the "State Of Art"!!) I bring in a old battered license plate & give them fonts from license plate web sites.( Yes there is such a thing)

We go then to Betty Edwards.....as a confidence builder.

Hope that helps.

Donnalyn in NY