Re: [teacherartexchange] sketchbook organization, sections, introducti ons?

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 15:08:10 PDT

When I am in my art classes (lithography, etc) at OSU, I make a quick
sketch of the works by my classmates that are put up for our critiques
throughout the quarter. It is a wonderful record to have years after
my "mates" have graduated and gone out into the world. This could
become a sketchbook section exercise for your students to record the
work being done by classmates. Another section might be devoted to
technique/process "gems" that they learn about a particular medium or
compositional technique, for example. It might be helpful to
brainstorm ideas for making a personal index of the sketchbook
contents: start by numbering the pages and dating the entries. The
index can contain a cross reference of the sketchbook contents. Keep
the index updated on the computer. If the students have more than one
sketchbook, it is really helpful to know later where to find things.

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Retired K-12 art teacher