Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Advice on Mixed Advanced Class

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 12:06:46 PDT

Hi Joe, I would have the 3rd yrs. work independently--they create their own curriculum and check with you--they plan what they want to do and do it. Then I would divide the class in half with the 2nd years and the never had it. That does require twice the lesson plans, but it would work out well. Give the 2nd years. fairly complicated assignments so they work on them for a couple of weeks and then you should have time to explain all the terms and techniques to the newbies. Lots of work

>>> <joe3cox@cox.net> 8/31/2009 1:59 PM >>>
Hello All,

So far the beginning of this school year has been full of challenges. The one I am needing help with is my advanced class. Because of the why the schedule was done this year I have a second year ceramic class that has over 30 students and half of them have never had ceramic before. The other half this is their second year in ceramic and two of them this is their third year in ceramic. The common denominator is they are mostly seniors and all have had at least one year of a basic art class some have had an advanced drawing class.

What I am looking for are some suggestion on how to handle this situation. I want the class to be challenging to everyone no matter their level of experience but not so hard on me that I am pulling my hair out by the end of the nine week. I usually save that till the end of the year. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Blessing,
Joe

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-