[teacherartexchange] Random Selection

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 09:09:33 PDT

Hi again,

I was getting sick of making popsicle sticks with all my students names
on them for random selection. Keeping track of 400 popsicle sticks was
getting frustrating. So I picked up some Crayola crayons that are
shaped like triangular prisms. I bought two boxes...one for students to
take as they walk in the room and one for myself.

I pick a color out of the basket to ask questions and who ever has the
same color answers the question. The triangular crayons work great
because they don't roll off the table. Sometimes to form groups I have
the cool/warm colors, primary/secondary/intermediate, complementary
colors, etc. group together.

It is working out well, my principal was impressed, and I have a lot
less sticks to keep track of.

Thought I would share,

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor