Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher's First website, Question of the week tell politicians your educational priorities

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 07:59:28 PDT

Christine,
        I did the survey for what it's worth. I also added my own comment
listed below.
                                                        Woody

Even though I've already listed four "must" as my top three (Equity
in facilities, Stronger Teacher Preparation,
More Time in School, and Early Childhood Education) - I'll still add
another important element. We need to
put the magic back in education and give our young people a reason to
be in school. By magic, I mean the
arts: visual art, music, drama, dance, etc. Way too often we drop or
side line the programs which give meaning
to life. Why learn to read, write and compute if you are looking
forward to a bland future. Why even stay in
school if the days are filled with a constant drumming of lifeless
facts. Give our young people a balance
so they can experience creativity and beauty. They will pay us back
with a beautiful life worth living.

On Sep 28, 2008, at 7:17 AM, mrsbeeswax@comcast.net wrote:

> Hi All,
> Teacher's First website, Question of the week lets you tell
> politicians what your top educational priorities are !!!
>

> http://www.teachersfirst.com/SpecialQofWk0908.cfm
>

> Hope this inspires,
>
> Christine Besack :)

woodyduncan@comcast.net