Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] colored pencils

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 14:10:08 PDT

A few years ago my students did colored pencil "paintings" based on
the work of Ann Kullberg:
http://www.art-rageous.net/ColoredPencilPaintings.html

They did well with these projects and I attributed much of their
success to the "blendability" of the Prismacolor pencils they used.

Last year, one of my Honors Art students (who'd done the colored
pencil paintings previously and who was starting a series of colored
pencil drawings) said that she actually preferred to use basic Crayola
colored pencils.

While her drawings last year lacked some of the richness and "sheen"
that can be achieved with Prismacolors, I was still impressed with
what she accomplished using regular Crayolas. Surprised me!

--
Sharon
www.art-rageous.net