Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Mural Paint

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 12:35:53 PDT

Hey Becky,

I have a friend who did large outdoor murals in LA
for a while and she would buy paints from "Nova Color" in California.
We collaborated on some student projects here in NYC and we dealt with
the high price by buying some colors and mixing them, and then
stretching them with cheaper white paint (sometimes even basic wall
paint). The colors are super saturated and light-fast. I suggest using
the opaque. Anyway, if you can spring for some of it, you'll love it.

Here's their e-dress:

> I have done Barn murals witha good 20-30 year outdoor house latex paint
> that have lasted well forever now. If it is on masonary cement or blocks
> you need to do a primer coat with a good masonary paint or it will peel.
> Some of the murals in Philadelphia are actually on a canvas board maybe you
> can find some info from some of the Philadelphia mural artists they have
> over 2000 done in that city. Web site is pretty cool they have virtual
> tours
> Sandy Dobbelaere

>> Any recommendations for good mural paint? It's for an outdoor mural,
>> in direct sunlight, and will probably need to be cleaned often, as it
>> is in a mucky industrial area.
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Becky

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from Jamie.!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008

To unsubscribe go to