Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] colored pencils

---------

From: Peter Pritchard (pritchard1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2008 - 11:25:43 PDT

I have noticed a huge difference in the quality of student drawings, at the
high school level, based on quality colored pencils. I show work from the
color pencil society of america and instruct the kids on layering and
"blending, not coloring". When used well, I have found kids can do some
awesome work. I won't buy them anything less than prismacolor. We sharpen
mostly with xactos. I teach them how to use the xacto in a controlled way ,
not just hack at it.

Peter