Re: [teacherartexchange] NAEA conference costs

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 19:03:19 PDT

Mary,
Since travel and lodging is not a cost - you would start with
registration cost.
Early registration is only $130 for active members. But if you sign
up for any
meal functions they might be about $35 each. Then if you sign up for
special
workshops they are about $30 each (the workshops and tours fill up
early).
In New Orleans I paid $42 a day for parking - but you might car pool.
Every
city is different. It would be a shame to miss out since it's in your
area. I went
when it was in my city (Kansas City) but as usual my district didn't
cover
anything. They even made it difficult to get release time so few art
teachers
got to go. I did a presentation so they let me off. I urge teachers
to get
release and go on their own dime. It's well worth it.
                                                Woody

On Sep 25, 2008, at 6:48 PM, mrsbeeswax@comcast.net wrote:

> Hi Mary, (and All )
>
> The NAEA Conference info , including registration costs is
> available on the NAEA website
>
> http://www.naea-reston.org/convention.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Christine Besack :)
> President-Elect PAEA

> From: "Holmgren" <holmgren@lakedalelink.net>
>> I am wondering if anyone could give me an idea--even a ballpark
>> figure--on
>> the cost for the national conference. I want to attend the
>> conference in
>> Minneapolis next spring, but I need to put in a request to my staff
>> development committee now--so there is still some money left next
>> spring.
>> Since I live in the area, I don't have to worry about housing or
>> travel, I'm
>> thinking of the conference fees, etc. Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mary H.
>>

>> ---
>> To unsubscribe go to