RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 20, 2008

---------

From: Mahoney, Ellen (emahoney_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 14:29:09 PDT

HI Suz,
 I teach ceramics and I agree with you all the students would have a better experience to do a hand building assignment that they all can work on at the same time. To have one or two students on the wheel would take up a great deal of your attention during a class. We do a demonstration for the kindergarten classes to show them how the pinch pots they make relate to the same techniques/shapes as throwing on the wheel.

Ellen