Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] middle school color theory

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 18:56:37 PDT

I Teach monochromatic to 6th grade, in 7th we make the complete color wheel from primaries, analogous, intensity, tints, shades and complementery. In 8th we review all of that and have them compose their painting using triads, analogous or complements.

I think in 7th they are more receptive to learning the color theory than  8th grade.  It is hard. They dont seem to put as much effort out, even the gifted students.

Trish Ackerman
 Core Knowledge Charter School Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado