Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] middle school color theory

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 18:24:37 PDT

Whatever you decide to teach in color theory - it will stick better
and be much more effective
if it is applied in a real life painting project. Color Wheels and
the various charts don't have
much meaning unless used in creating something. No matter what the
age - less theory and
more application is the answer.

On Sep 22, 2008, at 12:36 AM, wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had some advice on how far I should go
> with teaching color theory
> to 8th grade students. In high school I have them do tints, shades,
> tones and monochromatic,
> complimentary, analougous, etc. I don't really think this is
> appropriate for the younger students.
> What do you all think?
> Thanks,
> Gaby