RE: [teacherartexchange] what do you do about too loud voice level??

---------

From: Pokojski, Kelly (Kelly-Pokojski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 12:36:48 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: MICHELLE MOLNAR [mailto:mmolnar1@msn.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 1:23 PM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] what do you do about too loud voice
level??

Hello!

I teaching high school ceramics and have been having problems with too
loud voice levels during studio time. I've been giving the whole class
a warning and then if the voice level doesn't change, I make it silent
time the remainder of the period and give detentions to those that are
talking. However, this isn't working. I still have to do this very
frequently. Do you have any ideas for how to maintain a quiet, workable
environment during studio time?

Thanks!!