Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] what do you do about too loud voice level??

From: MICHELLE MOLNAR (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 11:23:05 PDT

I teaching high school ceramics and have been having problems with too loud voice levels during studio time. I've been giving the whole class a warning and then if the voice level doesn't change, I make it silent time the remainder of the period and give detentions to those that are talking. However, this isn't working. I still have to do this very frequently. Do you have any ideas for how to maintain a quiet, workable environment during studio time?