Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Files on students

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 07:54:06 PDT

I'm just wondering - looking at my state's criteria
for effective teaching - do youall keep individual
written files on each of your students? I do not. I
just don't know that I could do that for over 100

In my computer gradebook I try to include the criteria
for grading within the description of the projector
assignment, and in the comments area I make notes
about any issues. These are visible by the parents if
they log into the gradebook with a password given by
the school.

When we do independent work (which is frequently)I
actually enter each kids' project as a seperate
project but only assign it to that one kid, so this
same documentation is visible to each parent.

But written files? I just don't see it happening.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator
Cushing Oklahoma