Re:[teacherartexchange] Digital curriculum

---------

From: Keith Johnson (kjphotog_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 06:07:12 PDT

Yes, same here I've not had a problem with the easy to use Kodak
compact cameras. And the one time I did, yea camera vs concrete,
concrete wins. And that broke the battery door off
and like others here - you get to know your tapes. I used electrical
tape to wrap around the battery so it would stay in & then a strip to
hold the door on. And that camera continued to work fine for a number
of years. And when it finally died - I removed the covers so I can
show students what goes on inside a digital camera.

Yep getting the compact cameras repaired if they're out of warranty
never seems to be worth doing. Wow, if you're buying spares for parts
and making repairs you can probably get some extra biz from users of
the list.

I notice one thing that's disappearing from many of the compact
cameras these days and that's a viewfinder. I prefer the viewfinder -
it just seems easier to compose your shots than waving your camera
around at arms length viewing/composing your photo using the lcd
screen on the back the camera. Especially outdoors in the bright sun.

Guess the choice of camera is the luck of the draw. I've had Canons do
the same things that that was mentioned happening to the Kodaks, the
Lcd was messed up & another the lens wasn't working after about 3
weeks of middle schooler use.

I haven't used any camera where the customer service from the
manufacture was that great - yet.

Yes the zooms that come with most compacts is about the same as taking
6 steps forward for the telephoto.

I've got great card readers at Radio Shack, they have one model that
handles the common cards, sc, cf & a couple of others for about $20 &
see it on sale now & then for 10.

--
www.thephotoshopguy.net