[teacherartexchange] An Idea for Tiles?

---------

From: Marianne Galyk (mgalyk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 17:19:16 PDT

I saw on my local freecycle group that someone is offering about 24 -  8" diameter and 12" tall cylindrical clay field tiles - the kind they used for drainage before plastic tile. I'm intrigued, but haven't got any idea what we could do with them. Anybody have an idea for what I could have my classes do with them, maybe as an item for my kids to offer for sale to help offset field trip costs? I know terra cotta can be painted with acrylics - I've done it with flower pots. Just need an idea for what use they could have....
Thanks,
Marianne