Re: [teacherartexchange] Digital curriculum

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 14:41:03 PDT

Don't be afraid to tell the students you don't know. With the speed that
technology changes, the ease at which our students adapt to technology, it
is unrealistic that you know everything AND you won't be able to bluff them.
Last year I attended a conference where I was introduced to the software Wax
2.0. I was SO excited about this, and since we were in the middle of video
editing I turned the students loose on it and we learned together. I learn
something new from them daily - it is one of my funnest classes to teach.

As for cameras - I purchased 6 Kodak cameras for appx. $100 each with 1GB
storage cards for each camera. I wanted to purchase cameras that were nice
enough to take decent pictures, but cheap enough that if they broke it
wasn't a huge issue. Students can check them out, take them home & have more
access than they would otherwise. In 2 years I have only had one camera
broken. I also purchased a USB card reader & some adapters so we can pull
pictures from the student's cell phones (if they have a storage card in it).
Bags to carry the cameras in are important as well.
~Michal