[teacherartexchange] 9 - 11 Art on My Blog

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 14:24:01 PDT

Today is a day to remember all those brave men and women who lost
their lives trying to save others
in New York, Washington DC, and in the air over Pennsylvania. Please
remember the thousands of
innocents who died in that senseless act seven years ago. I was
teaching when it happened and the
news hit our middle school hard. I dealt with it the next day by
having my students do visual examples
of the words that described the things they hold dear. We put up a
showcase around the concept of
just lighting that "one little candle." I wanted my students to
consider those things that were most
important to them - rather than talk about hate and revenge.
                                                                                Woody
On my blog for 9/11/08 - I posted images of the art my students
created in response to 9/11:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/September.html
I'm a product of the 60's and my liberal bias was imposed upon my
students right after that
terrible act. The way we choose to teach others to heal is a
reflection of our values as teachers.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog: