Re:[teacherartexchange] Wire for Sculptures

---------

From: suzanne rowe (mtsuz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 08:05:44 PDT

Hello B,
A great place to buy wire is a farm or ranch supply. They sell electric fencing wire in various weights for a reasonable cost. The last large roll I bought was around $20.

Suzanne Rowe
Montana

Where is the best place to purchase (cheap!!!!) or request donations
of wire for sculpture?  My longtime donor from the phone company
retired, and I'm hitting dead-ends with requests for donations.
(Apparently, people are stealing wire from worksites for the metal, so
every scrap has to be accounted for in most places.)

I would even be willing to buy large rolls/spools of it, but it has to
be cost-effective.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-b-