RE:[teacherartexchange] Subject: loose graphite/charcoal management

---------

From: Tina Vercelli (tvercelli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 09:59:38 PDT

At a previous school I worked at, any time we worked with clay, some of the
dust would gather on the tile floor of the class, then attach itself to the
bottom of the students shoes, allowing it to be tracked all over the rest of
the carpeted school. So, the custodian and I devised a solution. When it
was clay time, the custodian would lay out an extra carpet mat in front of
my classroom door for the students to walk across, attracting the clay dust
off their shoes before going into the rest of the school. When we were done
with clay, the mat was rolled up and stored away. It saved her a lot of
extra work! Perhaps this could help with the charcoal and graphite as well.