Re: [teacherartexchange] Subject: Teaching to Observe

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 17:58:56 PDT

Hi Woody and Group,
        With blocking an eye for me, you would certainly get some interesting
drawing! I lack binocular vision and stereopsis due to ocular
misalignment, and with that I have an eye movement disorder called
"latent nystagmus." So when an eye is covered, the world for me shakes/
jerks side to side and my vision is greatly impaired. Even when I use
both eyes, following a moving object is difficult. It takes me longer
to focus. In school/college I struggled, for example, with life
drawing, bubble test sheets and any sport activity involving a ball.
So be aware and sensitive that some students may have difficulty with
certain activities in your classes.

                        Wishing everyone a great school year! Keep your ideas flowing on
this list. I still enjoy being in the loop even though I am retired.

                                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                Art teacher, K-5, retired 6 years

  It takes a while for my eyes to focus on things.