RE: [teacherartexchange] loose graphite/charcoal management

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2008 - 10:12:43 PDT

For those of you who don't use loose graphite - it is
General's Graphite, "since 1889" I'll post some photos of finished pieces later.

It has gone ok so far today, telling the kids no more graphite, but one troubled young man who loves art, and had an excellent drawing, just totally shut down, as there was "no point" in going on. The others who were behind were fine with using the ebony pencils. He put his drawing in the trash and just sat staring unblinking all hour, tearing little notecards up into tiny bits, which is what he does when stressed.
So managing to not cry was my big accomplishment, but I did take his drawing out of the trash and tomorrow hopefully they will have the "carpenters felt" they think will work, and he can do it then.