Re: [teacherartexchange] loose graphite/charcoal management

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 19:37:31 PDT

I decided several things, like -loose graphite is awesome, and the difference it made in this project is worth the trouble. It helped my kids loosen up, their drawings look freer and more relaxed.

The vice-principal called me at home tonight about this, and wanted to know what they could buy me to help. They are trying to be helpful and are not trying to get me to not use these projects. (She told me the same custodian used to yell at her for using glitter) My actual classroom custodian is awesome, and is not the least bit bothered, its just the guy in the cafeteria. I guess I am just embarassed that this was my first real interaction with the new principal.

sigh. Art leaks! Whatever I do, I can't guarantee it will stay in the room - its like telling the band to keep the music inside their room and not let it leak into the hall.