RE: [teacherartexchange] Where to get bulk magazines?

---------

Laura.Drietz_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 08:20:59 PDT

Dr's offices, dentists, libraries (many keep them for several years then discard past years in bulk), also stores that sell magazines, every month they tear the covers off magazines to be re-imbursed for ones not sold, the rest are discarded. If your town has recycling for magazines, you may want to contact the recycling center and see if you could get some boxes of magazines they get in.

Oh, also, try your local Freecycle website. I see magazines listed there all the time. (They are a great resource to join anyway, you never know what will be listed, and it's all FREE! I was SO disappointed once, I missed a pottery wheel by seconds!)

Laura Drietz
Art Teacher
Brookings Middle School
E-mail laura.drietz@k12.sd.us