RE:[teacherartexchange] State Art Conventions

---------

From: Ronda Sternhagen (rsternhagen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 07:55:31 PDT

Art Educators of Iowa (www.artedia.org) is having their conference in
Dubuque October 3-5..."Masterpiece on the Mississippi." We'd love to
have teachers from NW Illinois and SW Wisconsin and even SE Minnesota
join us. Of course, we'd love to have others from further distances
as well. Registration information is online.

I'll be presenting "You Can Have Your Art and Eat It Too!" as well as
a workshop on behalf of CrayolaŽ from their newest Dream Makers book
on the elements and principles. You can find descriptions of all
workshops online.

Next year's conference will be at the University of Northern Iowa in
Cedar Falls...again, not too far for our colleagues in neighboring
Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois to join us the weekend of October
2-4, 2009. The theme for that conference is "Art---A Passport to
Understanding." It will take on an international theme. The highlight
that is planned so far is Friday night dinner at Galleria de Paco in
Waterloo (http://www.paco-rosic.com/). Paco Rosic is they guy that
caught international attention a year or so ago when he spray painted
a replica of the Sistine Chapel ceiling. That's right, we'll be
dining under that masterpiece!

Ronda in Iowa

PS Hopefully, this goes through. My posting attempts have always
failed, but I've done some research in the guidelines for posting and
am trying to send this as plain text, instead of rich text. :-(