Re: [teacherartexchange] Where to get bulk magazines?

---------

mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 08:37:17 PDT

HI,
 I get magazines for art projects from several sources:
If your town recycles paper and magazines, find out what day of the week they get put out and go curb shopping,
( sometimes you have to go the night before )

Ask fellow teachers and or parents for donations of subject appropriate magazines.

local news stands sometimes trash older issues

check out your local libraries, and thrift stores, mine sells old magazines for 25 cents each

last but not least , put a note on www.freecycle.org sign up for your town, you might just get lucky just meet the person in a public place to pick up magazines, or have them drop them off at your school office for safety reasons.

Good Luck,
Christine Besack :)

From: Sarah Marchand <smarchand@mymail.indstate.edu>