Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Where to get bulk magazines?

Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 08:37:17 PDT

 I get magazines for art projects from several sources:
If your town recycles paper and magazines, find out what day of the week they get put out and go curb shopping,
( sometimes you have to go the night before )

Ask fellow teachers and or parents for donations of subject appropriate magazines.

local news stands sometimes trash older issues

check out your local libraries, and thrift stores, mine sells old magazines for 25 cents each

last but not least , put a note on sign up for your town, you might just get lucky just meet the person in a public place to pick up magazines, or have them drop them off at your school office for safety reasons.

Good Luck,
Christine Besack :)

From: Sarah Marchand <>
> I'm student teaching right now and want to do a couple of lesson plans
> using collage. My host teacher doesn't really have any magazines, so I
> was wondering what would be a good way to go about finding some?
> Thanks!
> Sarah
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to