Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] State Art Teacher Conferences

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 12:22:20 PDT

State conferences are close to home and are great resources for new
ideas. I just submitted two
proposals for presentations at this falls New Mexico conference. I'm
trying some old ideas that I've
never presented before. In one, I want to show teachers how to have
their students construct the
five platonic solids from scratch using a compass and straight edge.
They will build an icosahedron
as an example. The other presentation will be ripping paper to create
a collage of mountain forms
to be finished in transparent watercolor. A few times a year I get to
pretent I'm still an art teacher
and present ideas to other art teachers.

What about your states conference ? Are you attending ? Are you
planning to present ?
I also maintain the web site for New Mexico art teachers at: I'll be posting the list of
presentations soon on our web site.
You can see pics from previous conferences on our web site.

Read My Blog:

Watercolors on Note Cards

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons

January 19, 2009 Be Patience America