Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Compensation for Artist in Residence.

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 14:30:00 PDT

In Nevada there is a state Artist in Residence program. See if you can find one for your
state. Here I believe you have to pay them, and also provide studio space for them, but
it was specified by the program.

>>> <> 9/4/2008 1:33 pm >>>
Our middle school art department just received a grant from Target for an
Artist in Residence. We would like to invite a local artist into our classroom
so that students can actually see an artist at work. Then, we hope the
artist will actually work directly with the students as they create a work of
Can any of you give me guidance about how much compensation would be
adequate pay for a visiting artist? Any other suggestions and experiences would
also be appreciated. Thanks!

deal here.

To unsubscribe go to
-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-