Re: [teacherartexchange] Compensation for Artist in Residence.

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 14:29:26 PDT

Six years ago - before I retired, my district had an agreement with
Arts Partners to
bring artists into schools. It was for one artist for a week or four
artists each for a
day each. I only took advantage of single days and they were under a
contract to
be in the school for four hours each time. I could choose from a list
they provided.
Often I choose artists not on the list and they always approved the
artist. At that
time the compensation was $90 per day. I'm sure you could work out an
individual
agreement with an artist.
                                                        Woody

On Sep 4, 2008, at 2:33 PM, BigCrab99@aol.com wrote:

> Our middle school art department just received a grant from Target
> for an
> Artist in Residence. We would like to invite a local artist into
> our classroom
> so that students can actually see an artist at work. Then, we
> hope the
> artist will actually work directly with the students as they
> create a work of
> art.
> Can any of you give me guidance about how much compensation would be
> adequate pay for a visiting artist? Any other suggestions and
> experiences would
> also be appreciated. Thanks!

Read My Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/September.html