Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] After-school art classes

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 18:25:15 PDT

I teach an afterschool art program for grades 3-6.
Its great working with students after school as they
are a little more open and focused.

A great project is a texture hunt. Have students do
crayon or chalk rubbings of textures around the
building or outside the building. It is a great
physical activity to.

Crayon resist is another great project. Drawing
images that are seasonal, abstract.

Mono printing. Using tempra paint mixed with gel
medium painted on plastic then paper laid on top of

This paint could be used for finger painting. Large

Collage using found objects they find when they go out
to find textures.

Using sidewalk chalk going out and make artistic
sidewalk art. Giving each student a chalk framed
rectangle and have them feel the space with an image.

These are just a few suggestions.

Jeff (Minnesota)