[teacherartexchange] need photoshop help

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2007 - 13:45:38 PDT

Okay, I am trying to learn new tricks with Photoshop and I don't know
what I'm doing.

I am trying to make a duplicate layer of an image, and then create a
layer mask on the dupe. I am then trying to edit the duplicate layer
using the gradient tool. But for some reason, I can't edit the layer
with the mask on. I tried clicking on the layer mask icon in the
layers window to make sure it's active, and it shows that it is active
in the layers window but it isn't highlighting the mask on the
picture. So nothing I do with the mask on shows up. Painting,
gradient, nothing -- it's just like clicking with the pointer on.

What am I doing wrong?

Becky