[teacherartexchange] Latin American Art and more (N Y Times)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2007 - 05:23:16 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I am way behind on my reading of New York Times... I know some of you
are looking for good examples of Latin American Art. See the article.
Art Review | 'The Geometry of Hope'
Abundant Straight Lines, All Ahead of the Curve
By ROBERTA SMITH
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/arts/design/14cisn.html?ref=design
Good slide show of abstract Latin American Art.
"The Geometry of Hope: Latin American Abstract Art From the Patricia
Phelps de Cisneros Collection" runs through Dec. 8 at the Grey Art
Gallery, New York University, 100 Washington Square East, at Waverly
Place, Greenwich Village.

You do need to subscribe to get the article - online subscription is free.
Much more to read....

Judy Decker