[teacherartexchange] Want your student art shown in London? online exhibit

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 06:58:02 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

The Saatchi Gallery has a section of their website dedicated to
student art. They would like to see schools around the world featured.
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/portfolio/

From the website:

All Primary and Secondary schools are now able to create school
profiles and display artwork created by all pupils between 4-18 years
old.

The Portfolio Schools Prize has also been launched, and is open to all
schools around the world. A panel of art critics will choose their
favourite works each year. A first prize of 10,000 will be awarded
to the winning school's art department. A further 2000 will be given
to the winning pupil to be spent on computer and art equipment. There
will be two runner-up prizes of 5000 each awarded to the second and
third place schools with a further 1000 to each of the winning
pupils.

The three winning works will be displayed at the new Saatchi Gallery
which opens early 2008.
Of course, you would need to get your permissions in order.... You do
NOT need to give the students full name. First name and grade level
will do.

If you have questions about this.... email me off list and I will send
them to the gallery representative who contacted me.

Regards,

Judy Decker