[teacherartexchange] How to meet State and National Standards - Visit TAB Choice list

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 07:45:22 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Not to start an argument (smile) - but unless you are offering some
kind of Choice method of teaching, you are not meeting National or
State Visual Art Standards (at least not in the State of Ohio). On the
other hand, unless you have some teacher directed lessons/subject, it
can be next to impossible to meet other State Standards (at least in
Ohio).

Almost all teachers who are thinking about TAB Choice (Teaching for
Artistic Behavior Partnership) ask "How do you meet the standards?"
There is an EXCELLENT discussion on this topic going on on TAB Choice
list serve right now. Make sure you grab a cup of coffee as some of
the posts are quite lengthy. I have saved them all in my TAB Choice
Folder and even made a new label (Standards).

Sign on to TAB Choice Yahoo list - lurk for a while - feel free to
jump into the conversation. TAB list is growing. Most who decide to
teach choice do not switch back once they see the difference. Student
are more motivated....discipline problems drop. You might not get all
perfect little works of art, but it is "their art" - not "your art".