Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Drawing

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 18:46:21 PDT

I wrote a book on the beginning of drawing called "Drawing Course
101" in it we (I co-wrote) go over a project that shows contour
observational drawing, composition, gradation techniques, shading
with a tool, and the 5 basic shading areas. I would be happy to give
you the things you would need to start this project.

Ken Schwab

--- jjennifer west <> wrote:

> I would love to hear some ideas on how you each teach
> drawing. Do you begin with teaching contour drawing
> first, only from observation, or also from famous
> illustrations by say Picasso? Do you then move into
> value, hatching, cross hatching, etc.? What are some
> clever devices you use to illustrate the concept that
> one can draw better from observation than memory? I'd
> love to hear your thoughts.
> thanks, jen
> story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA