[teacherartexchange] Drawing

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 18:37:16 PDT

I would love to hear some ideas on how you each teach
drawing. Do you begin with teaching contour drawing
first, only from observation, or also from famous
illustrations by say Picasso? Do you then move into
value, hatching, cross hatching, etc.? What are some
clever devices you use to illustrate the concept that
one can draw better from observation than memory? I'd
love to hear your thoughts.

thanks, jen