Re: [teacherartexchange] kindergarten class

---------

From: lia johnson (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 20:50:28 PDT

Hi Deb....I love Kinder...but they do require lots of planning and
change of activities. I didn't find that hard....but did have to get
used to the idea that they aren't quite socialized yet. I totally
love Kinder. Use stories, movement, games, art discussion, art
making....puppets and more. Art for the Fun of it -- by Jenkins...is
my favorite book. It isn't lesson plans...but it was so helpful
when I started. The website KinderArt will have some good ideas
too... I had 45 minute periods. They worked great and less time would
have been too little. Now I teach collage...and I still miss the
freshness and honesty of Kinders! They will wear you out...but have
fun!! lia