[teacherartexchange] Summer Masters in Painting Degree? Austin, TX for teachers?

---------

From: Lauren in Vegas (lvartteacher_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 19:39:08 PDT

Do any of you know of any Masters in Painting programs during the
summer? I found one at Texas Tech, but am interested in more options.
 My husband and I are both teachers, so this would be the best time of
course for him to get his degree.

My husband would love to go to the University of Texas, but that would
be a big move, because they do not have a summer program that I have
heard of. My question about Austin is, is there art teaching jobs
there, what are the health benefits like, andwhat is the cost of
living like? We heard a rumor that they fire you there for nothing,
or if you get too high on the pay scale. Any truths in that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Lauren in Vegas