Re: [teacherartexchange] kindergarten class

---------

From: Chris Lincoln (artloverlincoln_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 09:22:55 PDT

Hi Deb,

I have 2 sections of kinders with about 30 students each. I start
almost every class on the rug with a book and tie the book and lesson
together. My librarian is my favorite person! My classes last 45
minutes/once a week. The elements of art are always part of our
discussion. When we discuss the lesson the conversation always
digresses to who has a dog or the oldest grandparent, etc....A big
difference between 1st and kinder is their attention span, yikes! I
usually have a mom in the class with me as an extra set of grown-up
hands. A great activity for free time is gluing Popsicle sticks into
a giant free form sculpture and each week we can add onto it. By the
end of the year it is huge and beautiful.

If you want some photos I am glad to email you off the list.

Chris
St. Mel School
Woodland Hills, CA