Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] kindergarten class

Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 05:05:57 PDT

I had 50 minutes for kindergarten classes. Since they are very quick at everything they do I had clip boards in the room and if they were finished they could go get a clip board, paper and crayons and sit on the rug and draw. Often they would draw the same thing we were working on in the room. A natural desire to practice. I also had lots of books and pattern blocks they could use as well. If all else failed I read a story for the last ten minutes of class just to get everyone settled down and calm.

>From: d putnam art <>
>Date: 2007/09/06 Thu AM 06:23:55 CDT
>To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group <>
>Subject: [teacherartexchange] kindergarten class

>I have just been informed I will be gaining a kindergarten class this year.
>I am excited about the opportunity but I have been teaching 1-8 for 15 years
>and am looking for a little direction since I haven't dealt with that age
>group before (except for my own children). Are any of you teaching K2 art?
>How long are your classes (we only meet once per week) Do you have any
>reccommendations? Any suggested websites or books?
>Thanks for your help.
>Deb Putnam
>Gate of Heaven School
>To unsubscribe go to