Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] art room music

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 09:16:47 PDT

I make my own mixes on iTunes and burn them to a cd ( you don't have to have an ipod) and that way I can a.) introduce them to some world music that they might not have heard before and b.) occasionally tie the music to the lesson so, for instance, when we make kente cloth weavings we listen to contemporary african music. At first they all roll their eyes when I say "African Music" but then they love it and even adopt songs and say "that's MY song" when it plays.

Hope this helps!

Chris in Central Arkansas