[teacherartexchange] New Art Room Lighting and Furniture Suggestions Wanted

---------

From: Shayne Train (strain_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 08:09:47 PDT

My high school is renovating an old building to be our school (right
now we are spread out over different floors of an office building).

My art room is going to be a reasonably good size but it's located
half below ground level (basement) and there is another building very
close to me windows so it is quite DARK. What is the best kind of
lighting to get in this situation? So far, it's still cement walls
with wiring and plumbing roughed in, so I can still put in a request.

Also, the school board wants to know what furniture I would like (no
promises on deliver, though). Cost IS an issue, and the room, which
has to accommodate perhaps 25 students at a time, is not excessively
huge. I've seen high schools with tables and chairs and some with
built-in counters and stools. Is there an ideal height for tables or
counters? Any feedback on what works for you and your students would
be appreciated.

Thanks, Shayne