[teacherartexchange] More on Art Teacher from Texas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 09:04:59 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

As I suspected, there is a lot more to the story..... Ken Rohrer wrote
to the school and got a reply. I won't post the entire reply, just an
excerpt
from it.

"This is not about a field trip to an art museum. The timing of
circumstances has allowed the teacher to wave that banner and it has
played well in the media. FISD is a strong supporter of the arts and
the Dallas Museum of Arts - our art program is rich and award-winning.

"At issue here are performance concerns and the ability of a
supervisor to address these concerns."

"What is getting lost here is that this is not about a field trip,
censorship, or a parent complaint. It is not about age, tenure or
salary level as has also been suggested in the media. This is about a
school administrator working to help an employee improve her job
performance and to improve the educational experience of students."

This came from the personnel director of the school.

I guess I should have researched the facts more before I posted the NBC article.
There are two sides to every story......

Regards,

Judy Decker