Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: September 26, 2006

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 12:53:59 PDT

Thank you for this idea. I think we are going to go
with some tissue paper flowers, because I think that
will be easier for my little kids to do. I'm a little
nervous about the sharp edges of the can. Have you
done this before and did you have any problems with
sharp edges? Someone posted this link:
which has examples of those flowers. These are
GORGEOUS!! I think I might try making some of these
for fun and maybe some day with my older kids.
Thanks again, Marcia
> Subject: Re: Centerpieces
> From: judiej <>
> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 05:19:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
> Flowers made from aluminum soda pop cans. Cut out
> the top end where the opening is with scissors.
> Then cut the walls of the can about 1/4 to 1/2 inch
> wide strips and stop at the bottom of the can. Bend
> the strips back to create a starburst type of flower
> with the bottom of the can being the center and cut
> strips radiating out from center. These can be
> painted with acrylic paints (I don't think tempera
> would stick.) Attach them to wire or wood (skewers)
> with glue or punch a hole for the wire and attach.
> Fill in with ornamental grass or some wispy
> greenery, and display in recycled colorful bottles
> or clear glass bottles, or other containers like
> baskets, etc.
> Good luck.
> Judie J

Do You Yahoo!?