Re: [teacherartexchange] [ArtsEducators] Art Teacher Loses Job After Kids See Nude Sculpture

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 11:02:03 PDT

That's funny, Betty, because there is a grouping of 3 very Rodin-like
male nudes in front of a building right across from a little gallery
that I like to take my students to visit because it's within a few
blocks of the school. No complaints, so far (although I did get a
complaint because my class is too hard. It's just art, after all.)

I am getting sick of parents having this much power. As a parent, I
understand wanting to have a say in my kids' education, and I make my
voice heard if I'm concerned about something, but the administration
should at least consider the teacher's side!

Becky B