RE:[teacherartexchange] [ArtsEducators] Art Teacher Loses Job After Kids See Nude Sculpture

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 10:35:43 PDT

Wow, after reading the longer article about "teacher
improvement" it sounds like they are trying to get out
of looking like idiots. I hope she finds a great job
somewhere else. The museum should hire her as
education director.

A parent had a conference with my principal last year
because their kid -middle school -found a nude picture
in an art book while researching a report, then of
course it became an issue where I was "showing all
those nudes" in class. Fortunately for me, my
principal handled it and I didn't know about it until
our meeting when I checked out for summer.

Really, it will make art teachers eventually stop
taking field trips, I guess. One of our favorite
museums to visit has a huge Rodin nude right inside
the front door.