Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] [ArtsEducators] Art Teacher Loses Job After Kids See Nude Sculpture

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 08:12:11 PDT

This is so sad! I've been following this story all morning, and I'm
just shocked! I was just considering taking my students to see a
local exhibit that includes a Picasso etching of 4 nudes. Guess not.

And the worst part isn't so much the offended parent -- you'll have
that -- but the way in which this teacher was treated by her
administration and coworkers! Sheesh! Talk about unprofessional!

Does anyone have a picture of the sculpture in question? I've yet to
see a photo of it in any of the coverage.

On 9/28/06, cen_aca_dp <> wrote:
> Lots more info here:
> Denise Pannell
> "Carry on, carry on, for the men and boys are gone, But the furrow shan't lie fallow while the women carry on." ~Janet Begbie
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to