[teacherartexchange] yarn tangles

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 09:34:34 PDT

Hello All,

This is probably a silly question, but I was wondering
if there is some trick to keeping students from
tangling up yarn. I have regular skeins of yarn,
mostly donated - not the nice cones of yarn that
sometimes come with the boxes with holes in them.

We've been making the skeins of yarn into yarn balls
to make them easier to weave with (we're straw
weaving) , but at the end of each class pd. I end up
with a new "nest" to be untangled. I've started
taping the tail of the yarn ball since they can't seem
to get the hang of tucking it under so that the yarn
balls don't unravel, but I'm not sure how feasible it
is to have 28 kids taping their yarn balls back
together 5 minutes before class ends although I'm
going to give it a try tomorrow.

I just thought someone might have a better solution.
Thanks!

Chris Massingill in Central Arkansas